Pistol Permit Classes
USCCA or NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Courses (instructor led, no on-line requirement for students) Class will be held at the indoor range/classroom at The Hartford Gun Club, 157 S. Main St. (Rt 187) in East Granby. The heated/air-conditioned classroom is comfortable and convenient. This course is a pre-requisite to apply for a Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers in CT/MA and in many other states. The CT permit also allows the holder to purchase all legal firearms and ammunition. This includes handguns, rifles and shotguns. The USCCA Course is accepted in CT for a Pistol Permit.
Each class will have a maximum of 12-18 people. If you want to be a part of a class, click the Register, fill out the form and that will hold your spot.
Emergency Action Planning and Crisis Response
Recent events have clearly shown us that it CAN happen anywhere. This informative two-hour session will discuss threats and dive deep into what you can do to protect yourself and the people you care about. Whether your attending a sporting event, concert, or just shopping at the mall or going to the movies, we’ll help you prepare for whatever comes your way.
You will leave with the knowledge to create your own plan, and the simple tools that you should consider having with you.
Some of the topics that we will cover:
- Venue selection and pre-planning preparation
- Threat assessment
- Personal protection
- Exit strategy
- First aid
- Rally points
Cost – $50 per person payable at the event in cash, or by check. You may pay in advance by credit card over the phone.
Fill out the form to the right and we’ll notify you when we’re offering our next class.
- This is not a shooting class as much as a handgun safety class (we will be shooting though)
- Stop at your local PD and pick-up an application for a Pistol Permit (optional)
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes that don’t have open toes
- The temperature in my home and at the range should be comfortable, but bring a sweater/sweatshirt
- I will supply eye and ear protection, if you have your own, please feel free to bring them along
- I will supply ALL of the firearms and ammunition, please DO NOT bring your own
- Bring lunch or snacks, or both. Bring a water bottle, or bottled water. It’s a long time to go without food and you can easily lose focus
We will begin very promptly at 8:30am. You’re welcome to arrive at my home a bit early and take care of payment and settling into your seat at the table. We should be done with live fire by 4:00 or so. I’ll email my address and directions a week or so before the class to those registered.